Rootkit Hunter is a scanning tool to ensure you for about 99.9%*
you're clean of nasty tools. This tool scans for rootkits, backdoors
and local exploits by running tests like:
- MD5 hash compare
- Look for default files used by rootkits
- Wrong file permissions for binaries
- Look for suspected strings in LKM and KLD modules
- Look for hidden files
- Optional scan within plaintext and binary files
- Added support for RHEL WS/AS/ES 3, Taroon update 8
- Added support for Fedora Core 5
- Added support for SuSE 10
- Added check for packet capturing applications (see rkhunter.conf
- Added check for processes using deleted files (see rkhunter.conf
- Enabled netstat check for AIX
- Enabled backdoor check for SunOS
- Enabled logfile specification and checks
Rootkit Hunter is released as GPL licensed project and free for
everyone to use.
Most Linux distributions and most *BSD distributions are supported.
MS Windows is not supported.